Why Mitcham Maternity?
Pregnancy and birth are exciting and challenging events for a family. At Mitcham Private Hospital our luxury maternity unit offers parents an environment and experience that relaxes and reassures.
Delivering over 1,200 babies per year, we pride ourselves on offering exceptional care in a comfortable and intimate setting.
It’s the little luxuries that matter
When you choose Mitcham Private Hospital, you’re opting for maternity care your way, which is invaluable during this unforgettable moment in life. Here’s how:
- Spacious birth suites equipped with a range of therapeutic comfort tools
- A newly renovated and luxurious private room inclusive of Wi-Fi, mini-fridge, Foxtel, seating & more
- Option to upgrade to Standard Parenting Suite or Deluxe Parenting Suite
- Rest and recover with our support for up to 4 or 5 nights
- Your choice in Obstetrician who provide you with important personalised & ongoing care
- Additional midwifery appointments before, during and after your pregnancy via the Know My Midwife Program
- Delicious high-quality gourmet meals
- Breast feeding support & postnatal physiotherapy
- Comprehensive program of childbirth and early parenting education classes
- Easy hospital access and ample parking
- Option to self-fund your maternity care
- We can care for babies born early (from 32 weeks) or who are unwell in our Level 2 Special Care Nursery.
- Personal maternity booking support from our Maternity Liaison Officer
- Multi-lingual midwives, specialists, education classes & resources
Choose from one of our highly reputable Obstetricians. Your specialist will provide you with important personalised care and guidance throughout your whole pregnancy journey. Many of our obstetricians have their consulting rooms on site and are available on the ward as you need them. Find an Obstetrician.
Luxurious hotel-style postnatal accommodation
Recently renovated, all patient rooms are beautifully designed with calming green and pink accents. Each room includes ensuite, lounge seating, mini-fridge, Wi-Fi, Foxtel, large windows, and some even have access to a private leafy courtyard.
Our team of caring and experienced maternity staff pride themselves in offering you and your partner comprehensive care, parenting education and support following the birth of your baby. Personalised information on feeding, parenting skills, taking baby home from hospital, sleep and settling can be provided. Links with available community resources and services can also be provided as required.
Throughout your pregnancy, Maternity Liaison Officer Sisly Wang will be your point of contact with general information to support you and your family on your journey into parenthood. She can assist you with any questions you may have about your hospital stay with us and in addition can provide you with information about our Maternity Tours, Childbirth and Parenting programs and other support services that we can offer you.
She is also multilingual and able to speak fluent Mandarin and Cantonese.
Please feel free to contact Sisly on 0428 400 277, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm or via email email@example.com