Ramsay Health Care is committed to the ongoing education of general practitioners and the wider medical community.
Ramsay Health Care has been a Provider of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) with the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) since 2000, offering a wide variety of topics in medicine, surgery, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatrics and mental health. These activities are in partnership with our specialists and other health professions delivered as interactive, practical education sessions with a focus on innovation, hands-on involvement and practical tips.
In the 2020-2022 triennium, Ramsay Health Care will provide:
CPD Accredited Activity - 40 points previously Category 1
Including Workshops and expert resources for Peer Group Learning
CPD Activity - 2 points per hour previously Category 2
Upcoming education events will be published here.
If you are interested in some tailored GP education, please contact the GP Liaison Officer.
Joint effort @ Mitcham
Orthopaedic Surgeons presentations/case studies: Shoulder, Elbow, Hip & Ankle
• Review the role and importance of ordering shoulder x-rays (with detailed clinical notes) as an initial investigation for shoulder conditions
• Follow treatment algorithm for the management of Tennis Elbow
• Review best practice in completing WC medical certificates
• Review current evidence-based management strategies for Achilles rupture, ATFL rupture and 5th metatarsal fractures
• Order plain X-rays first in the initial assessment of hip and groin pain; an MRI may help clarify the diagnosis in a suspicious X-ray
Mr Trung Nguyen - Orthopaedic Surgery - Shoulders and Upper Limb
Mr Ash Moaveni - Orthopaedic Surgery - Shoulders and Upper Limb
Mr Sasha Roshan - Orthopaedic Surgery - Foot and Ankle
Mr Vincent Yap - Orthopaedic Surgery - Hip and Knee
10 Nov 2020 07:00 PM
||Zoom education session
Meeting link provided upon registration
||10 Nov 2020