What To Bring To Hospital For Birth
- Camera (as well as batteries, chargers and memory cards)
- Comfortable clothing and slip on footwear for afterwards
- Favourite music (iPod docking stations are available in our Birthing Suites and Maternity Ward)
- Laptop if desired. Wi-Fi access is available on request
- Lip balm
- Oil/lotion for massage
- Preferred snacks
- Sarong, or old T-shirt
- Spray bottle (non aerosol) for cooling
- Warm socks
- Night attire
- Casual clothes (optional)
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, etc)
- Maternity/ super size sanitary pads (3 packs)
- Breast pads (1 pack)
- 3 maternity bras/maternity crop tops
- Tri-pillow (if desired)
- Alarm clock/ watch
- Baby outfits (5-6)
- Baby singlets (5-6)
- Cotton bunny rugs (5-6)
- Baby wipes
- Cotton wool balls
- Feeding formula (if bottle feeding)
- One bassinet blanket
(Disposable nappies will be provided free of charge during your stay with us at Mitcham Private Hospital. If you are bottle feeding, bottles and teats are available for your use at the hospital)
It is a good idea to have a separate “birthing suite bag” to bring to the birthing suite. This should contain clothes for the labour, basic toiletries and a set of clothes for the baby. The rest of your belongings can be collected from the care in less urgent circumstances.
Disposable nappies are provided free of charge during your stay with us at Mitcham Private Hospital.
If you are planning to bottle feed, please bring the formula of choice. Bottles and teats are available for your use in the hospital.
- Medicare Number
- Health Fund details/ book/ card
Please ensure that all items are personally named.