Your specialist will make the necessary booking for you for the Day Procedure Unit. However, before you arrive, please note the following;
- Your specialist will instruct you regarding any special preparation prior to your procedure. Please follow these instructions carefully and do not drink alcohol the day before admission
- As certain types of anaesthetics may cause drowsiness and impair your mental alertness, legally you need to arrange for someone to collect you after your procedure
- Wear loose, comfortable attire
- Do not wear make-up, jewellery or nail polish on the day of admission
- Please notify Day Surgery Unit Nurse in Charge if there are any special needs
- Accommodation is shared in the Day Surgery Unit, no visitors are allowed with the exception of one parent escorting their child or carers of patients.
What to bring
- List all current medications
- Current medications in their original container/packet
- Relevant x-rays, or other imaging scans and pathology reports
- A favourite toy or game (children), and bottles/feeding cups if applicable.
What NOT to bring
- Do not bring valuables or large sums of money to hospital as Mitcham Private Hospital cannot take responsibility for any lost or stolen belongings