Maternity Services - Melbourne East
Having a baby is a very personal experience and a very important time of your life. We know how important it is to have confidence in your care givers and the environment you will birth in. Here at Mitcham Private, we have been delivering babies for over 45 years. Currently we deliver over 100 babies per month.
At Mitcham Private Maternity, we help guide you through the various stages of your pregnancy, childbirth and beyond. We are committed to the philosophy of family centred care, supporting flexibility and choice and encouraging all family members to share in the birth and care of a new baby. Partners are welcome at all times in our maternity unit.
Our experienced and caring maternity unit team are available 24 hours a day, to provide you with individualised postnatal care. We are there to assist you with feeding or settling your baby, attending to your medical needs or to offer general parenting advice and support.
We are committed to your comfort, care and peace of mind.
- All private rooms – spacious and comfortable
- Partner overnight stay option
- Modern amenities – flat screen TV, minifridge, phone, ensuite
- Foxtel TV and Wi-Fi
- A la carte lunch menu prepared by onsite gourmet chef
- Complimentary afternoon tea cake trolley service
- Onsite Hudsons Café
- Free onsite visitor car parking
- Private patient and visitor courtyard
- Choice of 15 experienced private obstetricians (male and female)
- Obstetricians consulting onsite or locally
- Experienced and dedicated team of midwives and nurses
- Specialist lactation consultants
- Post-natal physiotherapy exercise classes
- Regular Pre-Pregnancy Information Seminars
- Comprehensive Ante-natal Education Program
- Postnatal Parenting education
- Early discharge service
- Breast feeding room
- Self funded option for uninsured patients
Your peace of mind:
- 24 hour, 7 day week Anaesthetist roster
- 24hr care by experienced and dedicated team of midwives and nurses
- 5 fully equipped birthing suites
- 4 modern operating theatres
- Paediatric and Physician on call support
- Level 2 onsite Special Care Nursery staffed by neonatal nursing specialists
- Onsite pathology and radiology service
- “Heading Home” book and Sleep and Settling CD
Even after you go home, we continue to offer addition support services to assist families experiencing difficulties adjusting to challenges of parenthood.
Tours, Classes and Support Services
How to Book
Patient Account Information
What to bring to hospital
Look @ My Baby
Monitoring your Baby when you are in Labour