Mitcham Private Hospital is a Tier 1 provider for the Department of Veteran’s Affairs. As part of the partnership, the hospital can offer a range of services to eligible veterans and Gold Card holders.
DVA Liaison Officer
The hospital has a DVA Liaison Officer who is available to assist during the hospital stay of DVA patients. The DVA Liaison Officer acts as the point of contact for DVA patients, their families and carers, ex-service organisations and the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, and is able to:
- Provide per-admission and discharge planning support
- Assist in the coordination and streamlining of hospital care
- Refer patients to appropriate services and resources
- Coordinate DVA client visiting and information services in conjunction with ex-service organisations
- Provide general health and lifestyle education, and information on counselling if required.
Veteran Accounts & Entitlements
- If you are an eligible veteran or war widow, you will not incur personal expenses for the cost of medical treatment at Mitcham Private Hospital and you will not receive an account. DVA patients will have their account sent directly to the DVA for payment.
- Under an agreement with the Department of Veteran’s Affairs, eligible veterans and war widows are admitted to shared room accommodation unless the medical condition requires single room facilities. If your personal preference is single room accommodation, arrangements should be discussed with hospital staff and private health fund (if applicable).
- If a private room is available and requested an out of pocket expense is applicable.
- Some veteran patients are eligible to have transport arranged for them through the Department of Veteran’s Affairs.
For further important information regarding any aspect of veteran admission to hospital, please either;
Visit the DVA website www.dva.gov.au
Contact the Department of Veteran’s Affairs on Ph; 133 254
Contact the local Veteran’s Affairs Network Offices on Ph: 1300 551 918
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mitcham Private Hospital on (03) 9210 3222 and ask to speak to the DVA Liaison Officer.